Monday 8 November 2010

fat lips and fever

I fly in under 12 hours, but this weekend has been far from the auspicious start I was hoping for.

Firstly, on Saturday night, I had a somewhat unexpected reaction after eating this dish at Wagamama's:


It was pretty hot, that chilli squid, but you know, even though I'm not massively fond of chilli-doused foodstuffs, it's not like it's completely alien to me. I am brown after all. Anyway, quite soon after I'd eaten a few, my top lip began to tingle rather alarmingly. It then proceeded to swell up to gargantuan size, so that I began to resemble this:



Any hopes that this unfortunate incident may have indeed been a blessing in disguise, magically transforming me into a Angelina Jolie or Scarlett Johanssen, were misplaced indeed. A quick glance in the nearest shop window put that silly idea to bed immediately.

So I took my trout-pouty, Botox-disaster face home and went to bed.

The fun didn't end there. I spent the rest of the night, and most of the next day, in a fevery, achey haze. I can only assume this is a side effect of the vaccines I had last Thursday. So I've already prematurely dipped into my holiday medicine stash... Will need to replace the paracetamol methinks.

Oh dear. Anyway, feeling a bit better today, and desperately hoping my body will pull itself together by this evening so that I can attack the long-haul flight with gusto rather than wishing I was nicely ensconsed back home in a massive duvet with a cup of tea. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Captain Smith and Pocahontas had a very mad affair.. when her daddy tried to kill him, she said DADDY PLEASE GET HIM AWAY FROM ME, HE'S GOT FAT LIPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaaat :P

    you know what nish, it was one giant lip for mankind!

    ReplyDelete